August 15, 2011

How to Make a Garlic Vaginal Suppository Pod

So after that last post I got to wondering about how I would go about actually making a garlic suppository for use with another yeast infection. I don't really like the idea of just shoving a clove up there with no easy way to retrieve it so I devised a quick and simple solution.

My original idea was to use a small muslin bag to hold the clove for insertion, with a string attached for easy removal. However, that seems a tad problematic because muslin tends to be rather thick, so it seems to me that it would be much harder got the garlic to penetrate.  So I took some advice from online to use gauze. We had plenty left over from Jim's wisdom teeth extraction, so I decided to try it. I also read online that cheese cloth would work well, but seeing as how you can't buy sterile cheese cloth, I thought the gauze would be safer. Below are my steps to making an easy to make and insert garlic vaginal suppository! (A much cheaper and safer alternative to Monistat by the way!)

Step 1: Collect supplies: garlic, gauze, and kitchen string.

Step 2: Peel garlic and unfold gauze.

Step 3: Cut gauze into 4 pieces.

Step 4: Bundle up garlic in gauze square and tie with kitchen string.

Step 5: Trim extra gauze and string.

(Optional) Step 6: Soak clove pod in extra virgin olive oil to aid insertion. 
Of course step 7 is actually inserting it into the vagina. I have read online that unused cardboard tampon applicators can be used to help insert the pod, but fingers work just as well. Leave the pod inserted for at least an hour, but over night is best. Remove and discard the pod the next morning when you wake up.

You can use this method as long as you wish without negative side effects. Hope this helps some ladies out there!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you this is very helpful!

    ReplyDelete